Be part of our WINNING team!
WIBN connects and empowers entrepreneurial and professional women through membership, mentorship, workshops, conferences and online learning. We have a strong online and in-person community that support each other in the pursuit of finding balance while growing within their professional business lives and ventures.
We’d love to invite you join us as a guest blogger or as a regular columnist. What can blogging on WIBN can do for you?
- Grow your online reputation as an expert in your field
- Interact with a wide variety of professional and entrepreneurial women
- Benefit from formal and informal mentoring from your peers and industry leaders
Contributors, collaborators & thought leaders wanted
Like any publication, we have a few guidelines we ask you to follow – they make our job easier and help us publish your work faster.
First and foremost, we need to know what you want write about – it’s all about the pitch. If you want to write a column, give us your BIG idea in a couple of sentences as well as a few headlines (story ideas). If you want to write a post, we need the info “quick and dirty” so we can let you know if it’s something we can use on our site.
If you’re just starting to blog, use these tips to help bulk up that courage to write your first post. You can do it!
- Write with passion, humor and/or pizazz – and be critical. We want your opinion, not just the facts.
- Hone in on your niche and stick to it. Learn as much as you can and be the subject matter expert. And don’t be afraid to ask your readers for help. You’re growing a community, remember?
- Learn to explore a topic fully and adhere to minimum word counts (300 to make Google happy).
- Add videos and pictures to your posts – and label them with keywords so Google can understand them too.
- Write consistently. As the WIBN community gets to know you, they’ll want more regular posts.
- Your posts should be approximately 400 words with subtitles and or bullets throughout to break up content and make it easier to read
- All content must be original – we will not publish articles that have been previously published online.
- Content must be written from personal experience with the purpose to empower and educate – if you are promoting a specific product or service please contact us to discuss at paid campaign – email email@example.com to set up a time to discuss your campaign, product or service.
- To submit an article you must already be a Women in Biz Network Member