November 14th from 11 am – 1 pm: Leigh Mitchell, Founder of WIBN is providing Mentor Office Hours at Shecosytem – 703 Bloor Street W, Toronto (Bloor and Christie) – Get a day pass to attend $30 at Shecosytem (WIBN Members save at Shecosytem – membership page for details)
Leigh can advise/mentor on:
- Personal Branding
- Career Planning
- Building strategic partnerships
How do you help entrepreneurs and professional women?
Canadian women’s network designed to help you thrive in life, work & play with trusted advisors guiding you to show up as your whole-self and shine.
Our Mission: Women in Biz Network strives to increase the overall happiness, well-being and financial success of Canadian business owners and professionals. We achieve this through education, mentorship, advocacy and support with both on-line and in-person opportunities.
We offer an online and in-person hub for business and leadership advancement.
We are online globally, with in-person locations in Toronto and Vancouver. We assist our community through mentoring classes, online education, events, small business perks, and mentor matching services.
- Twitter (powered on my Windows Phone): Connects me with women across Canada
- Onedrive: Helps me share files with my offices in Vancouver and Toronto
- Contactually: Works with my Outlook (via Office 365) and helps me manage my CRM and sales needs
- Lync: (part of the Office 365 cloud suite): Allows me to have live online member meetings/training with women across Canada. It also records the meetings (we can see and chat with each other and share presentations live) so that others can watch afterwards
- Sage One – Cloud based invoicing and accounting that I use http://na.sage.com/us/sage-one is accessible by my accountant and contractors. It even allows me to accept payments online!
What’s Your Favourite Business Book?
My current favourite book is Danielle LaPorte’s FireStarter Sessions it is a great guide for women going through career or life transitions to be more productive and happy! Great tips and advice. I also believe E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber is a must read for all entrepreneurs regardless of whether you are just starting a business or have been in business for 10 years!
Describe in one word what keeps you going during stressful times and why?
Meditation. It calms me down and makes me feel really productive. I also find that a good outdoor run helps to get me focused, peaceful and I also find that my best ideas come to me while on runs!