Susan is an Occupational Therapist and a ‘real’ life Mom strategist. She uses her personal story and professional background to empower Moms and Therapists so they will know how to support kids in a real way — so kids can ‘learn their way’and be successful at school and home. She uses technology and other devices to allow kids to develop the skills they need, so they can get stuff done! She provides online courses to OTs across Canada and the United States. She also has 1-on-1 support and group programs that will empower Moms as they walk through steps and strategies to support their child in a new way. Her passion is to support kids with learning differences so they can show others what they know.
How can your experience or your business help fellow conference attendees?
I believe my experience can offer others:
1. Permission to change their direction and listen to their heart
2. A look at the ‘layers of their mission’ and how it relates to them and their business
3. The comfort of knowing they are not alone when stepping into a mission-driven business which can come with a few unknowns
What do you hope to take away from the conference?
Connecting with others.
Learning from others.
What do you think is our greatest social problem today? Any suggestions to solve it?
A big social problem today is truly accepting ourselves – the strengths and weaknesses.
We often see the strengths of others but not the weaknesses.
Suggestions: As adults, we have to be open to show our strengths and our weaknesses so that others can start doing the same. If kids can see this level of acceptance daily, in every setting, it would open the doors to how they see themselves and the choices they would make.
What is the most inspiring book you have read?
My Thirteenth Winter was the most inspirational book I’ve read. It was written by a 25-year-old and the experiences she had with her learning disability. It was raw and real — it opened my eyes to what I had to do.
Connect on Twitter @susanotkids and at www.technologyandtoolsforkids.com and www.beyondok.ca and on facebook
Susan Schenk is attending the #SocialforGood Conference
About the #SocialforGood Conference
If you are a socially conscious individual, entrepreneur, corporation or non-profit organization you can’t afford to miss this conference! Please join us for two days that will evoke conversation, initiate ideas and inspire creative solutions to spread social good in your community and workplace.
#SocialforGood will have you dive deeper then you ever have before and will address:
- What a #socialforgood movement is and why it even matters
- Can a business really make a profit while doing something that makes a difference? Yes! Learn how!
- Ideas and beliefs by change makers and sought after experts.
- We will explore why investing in women is the world best social strategy
- Creative solutions to inspire change in your life, workplace and business
- How to Bring Authenticity and Integrity to Your Business
- How Creating your Business Creates a Whole New You
- How to raise money for your social business or cause
- The best ways to spread your message: Video, podcasts, public speaking, social media and more