One of Inc. Magazine‘s Top 100 Leadership speakers, Bobby is a 4x TEDx speaker, international author, Huffington Post contributor and social media guru, who champions authentic connection and heart-based leadership, With a background in brand marketing (Kraft & Unilever), engineering (Bombardier) and the performing arts (Second City),Bobby has lead Raeallan for 8 years and is now a recognized thought leader in Social Media, Personal Branding and Networking. 100,000+ people across the world have experienced Bobby’s high-energy keynotes, interactive teambuilding activities, and engaging workshops.
Named the 2nd best Twitter business coach & 4th best Leadership influencer on social media via Kred, Bobby is one of the top tweeters in the world with almost 300,000 followers. He hosts a weekly tweetchat called #PoCchat every Monday at 11am that has reached over 55 million impressions. Bobby has authored 2 books last year including ‘Barrons GMAT’ and ‘How to Network Anytime, Anywhere, with Anyone’. Book 1 of this “Network Anytime” series was on live events and book 2, due to launch this spring, will be on networking via social media.
Bobby is dedicated to causes embracing youth, entrepreneurship and diversity. Most importantly, Bobby is a fiercely proud of dad of two. He has never lost a thumb war, ever.
How can your experience or your business help fellow conference attendees?
I am on a mission to help ‘lost leaders’ and help forge an authentic leadership path of passion and purpose. We support organizations and individuals to create and build thought leadership around their brand.
What do you hope to take away from the conference?
What do you think is our greatest social problem today? Any suggestions to solve it?
The glorification of busy and a focus on things versus time.
If we focus on the top 5 regrets of the dying and continue to share the message of owning your life and your definition of success now, perhaps it will start to resonate further.
What is the most inspiring book you have read?
Bobby Umar is attending the #SocialforGood Conference
About the #SocialforGood Conference
If you are a socially conscious individual, entrepreneur, corporation or non-profit organization you can’t afford to miss this conference! Please join us for two days that will evoke conversation, initiate ideas and inspire creative solutions to spread social good in your community and workplace.
#SocialforGood will have you dive deeper then you ever have before and will address:
- What a #socialforgood movement is and why it even matters
- Can a business really make a profit while doing something that makes a difference? Yes! Learn how!
- Ideas and beliefs by change makers and sought after experts.
- We will explore why investing in women is the world best social strategy
- Creative solutions to inspire change in your life, workplace and business
- How to Bring Authenticity and Integrity to Your Business
- How Creating your Business Creates a Whole New You
- How to raise money for your social business or cause
- The best ways to spread your message: Video, podcasts, public speaking, social media and more