Marissa founded Moxie Trades in 2006 with the goal of creating a renovation business. A market study revealed a gap in the market for women’s work wear and apparel and the company pivoted strategies to serve this untapped market. Moxie Trades products can now be found in over 500 retail outlets across North America.
How can your experience or your business help fellow conference attendees?
After eight years in business, Moxie Trades has become an established Canadian brand with strong foothold in the safety footwear market. Moxie Trades has survived loans, PO financing, factoring, two business partnerships, a Dragon and a distribution partner. There have been many failures and challenges that have strengthened the companies’ core values and mandate.
What do you hope to take away from the conference?
There is always much to learn from a room full of entrepreneurs and like-minded individuals. As business evolves and challenges become opportunities; there are lessons from everyone that can be gained.
What do you think is our greatest social problem today? Any suggestions to solve it?
Equality. I’m working on it.
What is the most inspiring book you have read?
My favourite book is Delivering Happiness. I have always been inspired by individuals who risk everything and gain support from others. It reinforces the thought that ONE person can make a difference.
Marissa McTasney is attending the #SocialforGood Conference
About the #SocialforGood Conference
If you are a socially conscious individual, entrepreneur, corporation or non-profit organization you can’t afford to miss this conference! Please join us for two days that will evoke conversation, initiate ideas and inspire creative solutions to spread social good in your community and workplace.
#SocialforGood will have you dive deeper then you ever have before and will address:
- What a #socialforgood movement is and why it even matters
- Can a business really make a profit while doing something that makes a difference? Yes! Learn how!
- Ideas and beliefs by change makers and sought after experts.
- We will explore why investing in women is the world best social strategy
- Creative solutions to inspire change in your life, workplace and business
- How to Bring Authenticity and Integrity to Your Business
- How Creating your Business Creates a Whole New You
- How to raise money for your social business or cause
- The best ways to spread your message: Video, podcasts, public speaking, social media and more