Cathy Thompson is an entrepreneur who is passionate about empowering others to be their best selves. Throughout her multiple organizations, clients are inspired to develop their own strengths in the areas of education, music and personal development. Cathy inspires other business owners to be authentic in their endeavors, contributing directly to their success. Over the past 15 years she has taken her company, Beyond the Classroom, from an idea to a successful franchise. Cathy has a degree in Psychology and Sociology from McMaster University along with a post-graduate degree in Continuing and Adult Education from the University of Saskatchewan. She also has diplomas in Addictions Studies from McMaster University and Accounting from Mohawk College. She is also a mom to two small children, both in elementary school.
How can your experience or your business help fellow conference attendees?
Having developed several successful companies from the ground up, I can be counted on to brainstorm ideas, provide inspiration, and offer my expertise to fellow conference attendees. My businesses are all service companies, so that is the area of business development I am most familiar with.
Simply Blossoming, a company for women focused on their self-development, is an excellent organization for women ready to take a look inward to move forward with their goals and dreams. Our annual retreat, October 23 to 25 2015 is one way conference attendees can recharge and get re-focused on themselves.
What do you hope to take away from the conference?
I hope to connect with other like-minded entrepreneurs.
What is the most inspiring book you have read?
The book i’m currently reading is called All In by Arlene Dickinson. I find this book inspiring because it is a real look into the world of being an entrepreneur. When I read it, I feel like I’ve finally found a book that speaks to me and the unique challenges of my career.
Cathy Thompson is attending the #SocialforGood Conference
About the #SocialforGood Conference
If you are a socially conscious individual, entrepreneur, corporation or non-profit organization you can’t afford to miss this conference! Please join us for two days that will evoke conversation, initiate ideas and inspire creative solutions to spread social good in your community and workplace.
#SocialforGood will have you dive deeper then you ever have before and will address:
- What a #socialforgood movement is and why it even matters
- Can a business really make a profit while doing something that makes a difference? Yes! Learn how!
- Ideas and beliefs by change makers and sought after experts.
- We will explore why investing in women is the world best social strategy
- Creative solutions to inspire change in your life, workplace and business
- How to Bring Authenticity and Integrity to Your Business
- How Creating your Business Creates a Whole New You
- How to raise money for your social business or cause
- The best ways to spread your message: Video, podcasts, public speaking, social media and more