Tweet our Words of Wisdom: “Clearly articulating your passion, values and vision is the only way to attract the right people for the ride via @AlyPain #Passiontoprofit”
After suddenly been awoken on Monday night by a snoring husband and a 4 year old who just had to crawl into our bed, I could not fall back to sleep. I was wide awake thinking about all the things that were on my to do list that week. I tried to relax my body and focus on my breath but to no avail – I just couldn’t fall back asleep. I was wide awake. By 4:30 am I decided I would get up. I did a brain dump of tasks that needed to be completed so that I could at least work towards completion. Something that I should have taken the time to do on Sunday night before I went to bed. I was afraid of forgetting about important tasks that I had not recorded. Once I had everything recorded I felt better. By 6:30 am I was outside for a run. However, when I returned from the run I didn’t have the usual high I normally feel. That energy that I usually get from the run did not come and vitalize me. I was screwed and still had the full day ahead of me to get through. The only good thing that came out of the experience is it got me thinking about that important question that I have now added to my list of questions I ask my new small biz clients (who receive an hour of coaching with me when they sign up for a WIBN Membership):
What keeps you up at night? What pressing pain points do you currently need to work on?
Another good thing occurred – that day I had a really good chat with Aly Pain who is an amazing coach about asking myself some key question that we included in our twitter chat on Thursday, September 11th…
So here is what I learned in summary from our tweet chat on Small Biz Nightmares
Q 1 – What areas of your career/business are currently the most challenging? #PassiontoProfit
- Cash flow, childcare (teachers strike), Lack of focus, Finding a Profitable Niche, Staying on project means admin tasks suffer …..see more below….
Q 2 – Do you have a financial plan for your business? Family? #PassiontoProfit
- All the entrepreneurs we chatted with had a plan but said it was the most challenging and required the most discipline. This was their biggest worry.
Q3 – Do you have a process for repeated tasks to ease time crunches? #PassiontoProfit
- Yes – everyone seemed to be using either a monthly system or a weekly system or had a rule for when projects had to be completed (ie- by Friday). They also had great tools to complete these tasks. Read below to see what they used!
Q4 – What can you outsource in order to work more on your business (not in it) ? #PassiontoProfit
- Writing, SEO, Marketing, accounting, research and development and more!
Q5-What Is your Vision? #PassiontoProfit
- I will let you look at these below. They are great!
Q6 – What do you need to do in order to have a team all following your vision? #PassiontoProfit
- Great communication skills, clarity on what you are trying to achieve. Clearly articulating your passion, values and vision is the only way to attract the right people for the ride. Be organized and not shattered.
- These are just a few of the beautiful words of wisdom for Women in Biz Members. Read before for more!
Special thanks to our leaders Carla Young and Aly Pain. We couldn’t do it without you!