MICROSOFT CANADA INC.
Women In Biz Tweet Chat
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No purchase necessary. To be eligible to win, a participant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and have reached the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Any potential participant who is an employee or contingent staff of Microsoft Corporation or Microsoft Canada Inc. (“Microsoft”), their affiliated companies, advertising agencies, prize suppliers or other representatives involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest, or a member of the respective immediate families of such employees or anyone with whom such employees are domiciled is ineligible to participate in the contest. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse. In addition, Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible to participate.
- The contest will run from January 22, 2015 from 12:00PM EST to 1:00PM EST (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligible participants may enter the contest by:
- Participating in the Women in Biz Tweet chat taking place during the Contest Period. In addition, the participant must ‘follow’ and ‘tweet at’ the Microsoft For Work Canada Twitter account (twitter.com/MSFT4Work_CA). The tweet must include the hashtags #Womenbizchat. In order to enter the contest, entries that meet the requirements must be sent during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per person per Twitter account.
The tweet must not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about any individuals or companies. The tweet must not violate any law, regulation or confidentiality policies and must not be offensive, obscene, derogatory, crude, vulgar, profane, unsuitable or otherwise inappropriate as determined by Microsoft. Such a tweet will not be entered into the contest. If you do not have a Twitter account, visit www.Twitter.com and register in accordance with the enrolment instructions for a free Twitter account. Entrants must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.Twitter.com.
- One (1) winner will be selected by random draw to be held at on January 26, 2015, at 11:00AM EST. The draw will be held at Microsoft located at 1950 Meadowvale Blvd. Mississauga, ON L5N 8L9. The chances of being selected depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
- The selected participant will be notified by a direct Twitter message or email, that they have been selected as a winner. Twitter entrants will then be contacted by telephone (using the telephone number provided over the private message) within thirty (30) days of the selection. Prior to being declared a winner, the participant will be required to correctly answer, unaided and without mechanical or electronic assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing technical question, to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
- If the selected participant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question cannot be reached by telephone or does not contact the contest administrators within thirty (30) days or otherwise does not meet all contest conditions, his or her prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be selected.
- There is one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of one ((retail value $25 CAD). The prize will be couriered to the winner’s home within one (1) week of the receipt of the signed declaration and release. All taxes related to a prize are payable by the winner. Any costs or expenses incurred by the winner in claiming or using their prize is the responsibility of the winner.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be provided. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute the prize described above in (7) with a prize of equal or greater value.
- By entering, all participants agree to abide by the official rules and regulations and decisions of the contest organizers which are final. All entries become the property of Microsoft and will not be returned.
- To be declared a winner, a selected participant will be required to sign a declaration and release to: (a) confirm compliance with the official rules and regulations; (b) release Microsoft from all liability; (c) accept the prize as awarded; and (d) consents to the use of winner’s name, city and/or province of residence, photograph, voice, image, likeness, biographical information and information about the prize, for any publicity or programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world in any and all media used by Microsoft and its advertising and promotional agencies in connection with the contest, without payment or compensation.
- The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- No correspondence will be entered into with participants except with the winner.
- Microsoft’s privacy statement will apply to this contest and to all information that we receive from your entry. Please read our privacy statement http://www.microsoft.com/privacystatement/en-us/core/default.aspx before accepting the official rules and submitting your entry. Please note that by accepting the official rules you are also accepting the terms of the privacy statement.
- Microsoft reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the contest should causes beyond the control of Microsoft corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest (such as tampering or infection by computer virus, fraud, technical failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the contest) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants after the contest closing date to award the prize.
- Microsoft assumes no responsibility for any (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, defective or altered entries; (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site; or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or related damage to entrants or any other persons, whether computer-related or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this contest.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these rules shall prevail, govern and control.
2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.