For Immediate Release:
Toronto, Canada – Women In Biz Network will hosts its 5th annual conference challenging women to make a difference in their communities. The Social for Good Conference and Awards take place on Monday May 25th and Tuesday May 26th, 2015 at TELUS Head Quarters in Toronto – 25 York Street. If you are a women looking to connect and build relationships with minded women in your community then this conference is for you.
This conference highlights Social entrepreneurs that are individuals with innovative solutions to society’s most pressing social problems. They are ambitious and persistent, tackling major social issues and offering new ideas for wide-scale change. Women are almost twice as likely to reach top ranks in social enterprises as they are in mainstream businesses, and more than 90 percent of companies that focus on tackling social problems have at least one woman on their leadership team. If you a socially conscious individual, entrepreneur, corporation or non-profit organization this is an opportunity for you to learn and exchange ideas.
The 2-day program will teach you the ins and outs of social entrepreneurship and cause based marketing from North America’s leading experts.
- 67% prefer to work for socially responsible companies
- 55% will pay extra for products and services made by companies committed to positive social and environmental impact
- 52% made at least one purchase in the past six months from one or more socially responsible companies
- 52% check product packaging to ensure sustainable impact
- 49% volunteer or donate to organizations engaged in social and environmental program
- 90% of companies creating positive social impact have at least one woman on their leadership team
- Why financial success and positive social change can go hand-in-hand
- How to Bring More Purpose to your Business
- How Creating a Mission Driven Business Creates a New You
- Purpose Driven Networking for Sales
- What’s Your Purpose? How your Story becomes Your Mission
- Group Mentoring Challenge
- Giving back makes good business sense: How to repurpose your business to transform your community
- How to Do Good and Making a Profit as an Entrepreneur
- Why the World Needs to Focus on Women and Girls to Strengthen the World
- Be Awesome: Bringing Authenticity and Integrity in Business
- 10 Steps To Create Your Profit Path
- Transforming your Business Purpose with Social Media
- Getting over Your Fear of Video – Why being on Camera Lets Your Goodness Shine
- Be a Trendsetter – Start a Podcast
- Amplify your Voice – Public Speaking & Events
- Get Noticed! Write a Book
Meet and connect with sought after experts and change makers. Network at our expo trade show where you can find social resources and connect with charities that you could align your business with. Complimentary childcare is provided courtesy of Kids & Company at any of their GTA childcare locations. Refreshments and a networking reception is included your conference ticket price. A percentage of our conference revenue goes to the Canadian Centre for Abuse Awareness. In 2014, Women in Biz Network donated $1000 to the CCAA.
New this year is the #SocialforGood Awards Ceremony honouring Canada’s best women social entrepreneurs and organizations. Nominations will be evaluated with the following considerations in mind:
- Social engagement – both online and within their networks and community at large
- Scalability of the project or organization
- Creativity and impact on their cause, community and/or world at large.
Semi finalists and their nominators will receive a ticket to the conference where their achievements will be recognized. The winner will be chosen by a panel of Women in Biz Members. Winner will receive: inclusion 6 month mentorship program, 1 year membership to Women in Biz Network, business coaching, and a business class ticket on VA Rail Canada to Montreal.
#Socialforgood Conference speaker line-up includes:
- Helena Kameka, a musician, artist and comedian from Toronto, Ontario. Her career in music includes performances on numerous radio and television shows including “Good Morning America“, the “Canadian Country Music Awards“, and several Canadian national television specials.
- Jody Steinhauer is the President and CBO (Chief Bargain Officer) of the Bargains Group. A winner of the Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Canada’s Top 40 Under 40, and a PROFIT W100 Recipient.
- Krista Jefferson is a professional photographer who after finding herself in Uganda with her camera launched JustOne a fair trade organization that offers world changing fashion. Each purchase directly supports people around the globe struggling with poverty and brings awareness to their needs.
- Ann Douglas is the creator of the bestselling The Mother of All Books pregnancy and parenting series (over half a million copies sold in North America to date).
- Jeff Pulver is an Internet pioneer and TEDx speaker known for his work in growing the VoIP industry. A globally renowned thought leader, inspirational speaker and entrepreneur.
- Meghan Telpner is growing a global tribe of vibrant living advocates and her bestselling and award-winning book UnDiet: Eat Your Way to Vibrant Health is creating a revolution in how people think about their health.
- Marissa McTassey is the founder and President of Moxie Trades Ltd.; a company that is a threat in the safety footwear industry. The company’s first product was the Iconic Pink Work Boot. Today, Moxie Trades offers a complete line of safety footwear, apparel and hardware accessories made exclusively for women and distributed throughout North America.
- Gillian Barth is Executive Vice-President of CARE Canada overseeing a wide range of programs, including water, health and environment, resource development, monitoring, human resources and external relations.
- DevRamsumair is Founder and CEO of Omni-Media and Entertainment, having been a creative force in the fashion industry for over 14 years. Dev’s latest project is The Global Change Initiative the first ever global summit on social justice, innovation and social enterprise. Taking place at Toronto City Hall Council Chamber, this global summit is supported by The City of Toronto, MaRS Discovery District, The United Nations, UNESCO among many others.
For more information or to set up an interview, please contact Leigh Mitchell at
Leigh@womeninbiznetwork.com or 416-993-2083
About Women in Biz Network
Women in Biz Network is one of Canada’s fastest growing national organizations with over 28,000 social influencers dedicated to professional & entrepreneurial development for women. With in-person locations in Toronto and Vancouver, we empower our community by providing online business content, events, business services and powerful connections for our members.
Connect with Women in Biz Network
Twitter: @WomenBizNetwork #WIBN #Socialforgood
Join the conversation: Leading up to the conference join @WomenBizNetwork every Wednesday at 1 pm EST for a twitter chat about the challenges facing professional women.