It was a whirlwind of excitement, emotion and awesomeness at the #SocialforGood Conference.
Here is the some high points of what attendees took away:
1. Smart businesses look for win win opportunities to give back – these companies are profitable and innovative.
2. Successful business owners aren’t afraid to be vulnerable and realize that perfection is overrated
— Crys Wiltshire (@CrysWiltshire) May 26, 2015
3. Professional story-telling is a great way to humanize a brand and tell your why. People are interested in why you do what you do. Create a compelling mission based off your need to help and watch your world change for the better.
A mission now is about emotions. Create an emotive response when reading it. From mission, everything follows. #socialforgood
— SOS sitter (@SOSsitter) May 25, 2015
4. Networking shouldn’t be about you. Listen more and speak less. Build your network on how you can serve others. Remember it’s not about you – it’s about them.
— Laurie Goodman (@LifeMessagesLG) May 25, 2015
5. A business should be build on a purpose. Every decision you make should come from a place of purpose and passion – other wise you will fizzle out.
— Carole Schafer (@CaroleSchafer) May 25, 2015
6. It is okay to feel uncomfortable and unsure. Keep driving forward to achieve your purpose. Don’t be afraid to share what you are unsure of with others. Together we can find solutions.
— Elizabeth Heggie (@ElizabethHeggie) May 26, 2015
7. Great leadership is a goal that should stay with us always. It takes a village to raise a family. Remember that becoming a better leader is something we should never stop striving for. The growth of a leader is never ending. We can always do better and be greater. That is what innovation is about – the status quo shouldn’t be the end goal.