As entrepreneurs we must make numerous decisions weekly even daily. Perhaps it might be a decision to revamp a website, start a new program or service, create a new product, hire additional staff, move location, take a training program or do some inner growth work to bolster confidence and success.
At the same time you are in process of making that decision aspects of your subconscious mind which want to keep you in your comfort zone send you thoughts of fear. These parts of your mind don’t like change and want things to stay exactly as they are and will send you fearful messages such as:
- I can’t afford it.
- I will figure it out myself.
- They didn’t answer may call so it’s not meant to be.
- What if I fail?
- It’s not possible.
- What will people say?
At this point your decision shifts to one of choosing fear or faith?
Do you allow the fear; false evidence appearing real to run your business and your life? Or do you dissolve the fear and move forward in faith, making a decision to expand the experience and growth of your company?
A decision is perhaps the single most important mental move you can make to change your work, financial, relational, health or any life situation. When you make a decision and you are rooted in that decision in faith, you create what you want. A decision is not wishful thinking, it is a firm stance that you take within yourself and declaring to you and the Universe, “I’m doing this now.” Universe honours the commitment of a firm decision and supports you in your efforts.
So what do you do when your subconscious mind is tugging at you with every reason not to make that decision?
- Identify the fear. Get clear on exactly what you are fearful of.
- Ask inside of yourself: “Is this fear mine or someone else’s? 95-98% of the thoughts we hold are not even ours, we have inherited them from other people. If the fear is not yours and you are ready to give back send the energy back to whence it came with love and consciousness.
- Ask: What does having that fear save you from doing or being? The answers will take you deeper into the core of issue of what is holding you back.
- Create conscious awareness of other perspectives and points of view about the issue or situation. This step often results in an a ha or light bulb moment and shifts thinking.
- Using whatever method works for you, transmute the thought or belief holding that fear in place. Eliminate it from your mind and replace it with a belief that will support you as move forward
- As quickly as possible make your decision and take an action step to support it. The Universe loves speed and will support you when you step out in faith.
Once you have moved through your fear block it will be easier to get unstuck and move forward in your business creating, expanding, doing what you do best with passion.
Esther Bartkiw is a Transformational Leader, Core Belief Engineering Practitioner, Speaker and Writer. She works with people around the globe to awaken to consciousness, break through barriers, release limitations, dissolve fears, connect with their true self, open to all possibilities and live life with joy and ease. Visit her website www.yourealmosttheregirl.com.