Looking for a last minute summer camp or a fall after school activity? Level Up Kids is a great option; founded by a father, Jeff Hughes, who wanted to provide his own kids the opportunity to explore their interests in technology, the week-long camps for seven to fifteen year olds provide fun computer learning coupled outdoor physical activities.
Here are seven reasons why Level Up Kids is the perfect summer camp option:
1. Level Up Kids offers twelve innovative programs so there’s something for every child’s interest. With camps like Coding Girls, Adventures in Minecraft, YouTube Camp and Intro to Programming kids can learn a variety of technical skills including HTML, CSS, Python and basic engineering principles.
2. The camps also teach practical skills necessary in everyday life. In each of the camps, kids learn problem-solving, strategic thinking and abstract reasoning. When working with each of the programs, campers have to think through their own problems and use creative thinking to solve them.
3. To balance out all the screen time, afternoons are dedicated to outdoor games and fun camp activities. Kids get a healthy dose of much needed physical activity to get moving and help build friendships among campers.
4. Level Up Kids provides kids with the opportunity to pursue their interests in technology which opens the door to an entirely new career they might not have thought was a possibility before.
5. With several locations available in major cities across Canada there’s bound to be a convenient location near you.
6. Level Up Kids has a 10:1 student to instructor ratio so kids receive a quality learning experience. They’re able to work closely with instructors to focus on their individual goals.
7. If it’s too late to squeeze in a summer camp this year, look out for the new after school programs kicking off this fall. These new programs will allow kids to continue learning about STEM even after summer ends.
With technology constantly changing and evolving, Level Up Kids is keeping up with the trends and inspiring the next generation of tech leaders.
To learn more about Level Up Kids and find a camp in your area, please visit levelupkids.ca. You can also find them on Instagram @levelupkids, Twitter @levelupkids and Facebook @LevelUpKids.
About Level Up Kids:
Founded May 2015 by CEO Jeff Hughes, Level Up Kids is an innovative and non-traditional approach to children’s after-school programs. The company started with just one location in New Brunswick and has since expanded globally to twenty camps with locations across Canada, the United States and the Caribbean, Level Up engages students in supplemental Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education, giving them real academic advantage and the skills and motivation they need to succeed in life. Offering young adults, aged seven to fifteen, the opportunity to learn important tech skills, including coding and problem solving through computer science, Level Up Kids encourages children to pursue an interest in the growing tech industry through creativity, exploration and friendship in an energetic kid-friendly learning environment.