I am Leigh Mitchell from Women in Biz Network http://www.womeninbiznetwork.com | 1 (877) 886-0850
and I would like to show you 6 secrets to using Linkedin that have worked for me
- Connect with me on Linkedin: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/mitchellleigh
- Write Linkedin Blogs: Now is the time to shine in your industry. I love this because you don’t have to worry about SEO which means you can take your old posts and repurpose them on Linkedin and see how many people have viewed the content without having to log onto Google Analytics – saving you time and seeing what is of interest to your community.
- Comment Linked influencers messages: Looking to develop a relationship with someone you admire? Maybe an author, speaker etc. Follow them and comment on their updates. Then from time to time check to see if they have “checked you out”, This is a great way to get noticed.
- Use Linkedin as a database: Click on the “advanced tab” to drill down and connect with the right people. Using the location tab is especially useful if your business is event based.
- Look at who has viewed your updates: I mention this as people say to they never know how to look up at their updates after they post them. There is no “wall” like in Facebook – so you need to know where to click
- Write a recommendation – get a recommendation: Nothing brightens my day more then helping to recognize someone else’s efforts to help me. If someone has give you great customer service recommend them. Also, if you know you have done a great job for someone else do ask for a recommendation. You can take linkedin recommendations and repurpose on your website You do have your own url right? Leighmitchell.com is where I house my testimonials.
- Join a group or start a group: Linkedin groups take extra effort to get going but the beauty is that updates get sent by email for all to see (updates go out by email to members of the group). It is also a great way to comment on industry trends or news and be seen as a credible source in your field. I developed a great partnership with Art of conference group after joining their group and commenting on their conference
Bottom line is Linkedin is amazing way to grow your contacts, gain credibility, learn from other bloggers and develop a CRM strategy with all their tools