You have your dream job. You love every minute you spend behind the computer. You are passionate about what you do. It’s perfect – except that you barely take a break for lunch let alone a little exercise.
Studies show that we concentrate better if we step away from the computer screen for at least 30 minutes a day to get some fresh air, stretch our legs and get active. You wouldn’t let your kids sit in front of the computer all day without eating lunch or getting outside. Why are you doing it?
Fitting in a workout between meetings and emails is not always easy, but making it a priority can boost your productivity in ways your health and business will benefit from for years to come.
Time to get in gear and get moving
· Lunchtime: Schedule a lunch meeting every day…with yourself! Make that your time to get away from the computer screen to get active. And then grab a spinach salad, veggies & dip or granola & yogurt. A healthy lunch is healthy for business.
· Outside: Take it outside. Fresh air is vital to our lungs, brain and heart. Get outside every day for at least 30 minutes to get active. Stepping away from the computer mid-day for a brisk 30 minute walk will get your heart pumping, flush out the stale indoor air. A re-energized you leads to a re-energized afternoon at the computer.
· Running Shoes: Put them on, every day. Make a plan to work out. Use a skipping rope, a workout DVD, walk, jog or invite a friend to nearby trails or park. Just 30 minutes in your running shoes and a commitment to get active while wearing them will help you build a healthier body that’s good for your bottom line (personally and professionally).
· Stairs: At home, at the office, the doctors, a hotel, even outside. Find stairs and start climbing. Stairs are so good for your cardio, 30 minutes and I promise you will break a sweat!
· Yoga Mat: Invest in one. For less than $20.00, you can store it under your desk and every day lay it out and do some stretches, sit ups, and even try a few push-ups. Work your upper body, squats and leg lifts for lower body. 30 minutes of getting active on a yoga mat every day will build muscle and that builds a better you.
A few changes, just 15-30 minutes a couple time a day to get active and get your behind moving, and I promise both yours and your business’s bottom line will improve.
For more great articles on important vitamins and nutrients you need in your diet, check out our Healthy Blog on our website.