Looking to start a podcast? But don’t know where to start? Here are some great tips from @UnAlison of UnMarketing.
Alison Kramer is Writer and Co-creator of Content at UnMarketing. She has co-written four best-selling books –UnMarketing, The Book of Business Awesome/UnAwesome, QR Codes Kill Kittens and UnSelling.
How to Get Started with Podcasting – 5 tips to Consider
- Start listening! Best way to learn about the world of Podcasting is to listen to other Podcasts.
- For a great free resource for Podcasters getting started, check out – Learnhowtopodcast.com from a good friend of the UnPodcast, Cliff Ravenscraft, the Podcast Answer Man.
- Audacity is a great open source place online to record, edit and play around with your sound and message.
- Check out different types of microphones. We have a Blu mic for recording at home. Make sure you start at a point where your quality won’t distract from your content.
- Mashable has a great Podcasting Toolbox, filled with resources http://mashable.com/2007/07/04/podcasting-toolbox/